Hola Barcelona, your travel solution
Fully accessible facilities
- The entire facility is adapted for persons with reduced mobility. The Barcelona Municipal Institute of People with Disabilities and the ECOM Federation, which groups more than 150 disabled associations, collaborated on the definition of the service’s accessibility features.
- In December 2008 the facilities of the Montjuïc cable car service obtained Universal Accessibility Certification (standard UNE 170001) from the LGAI-Applus certification company for both the accessibility of its facilities (architectural aspects) and its accessibility management system (internal management).
- It enables total autonomy for people with reduced mobility by means of ramps and crossings and ensuring that the distance between the platform and the cars is suitable for wheelchairs; for the blind and visually impaired because of the size of its signs, its pathways and the tactile capabilities of its ticket machines; and for the deaf, due to the availability of written information.
- The staff are trained to cater to the specific needs of the disabled and both the customer service and facility maintenance protocols guarantee accessibility.
A cable car integrated with the mountain environment
Stations and cars
- The architecture of the three stations of the Montjuïc cable car service perfectly integrates with the protected environment of the mountain.
- Its spacious glass cars have been following the 750-metre route between the stations of Parc de Montjuïc and Castell, via Mirador station, to vertically climb 84.5 metres.
- The huge glass windows of the cars allow you to enjoy fantastic views of the city and the surrounding metropolitan area.
- Length: 752 metres
- Vertical distance: 84.55 metres
- Number of supports: 12
- Number of cars: 55
- Car capacity: 8 people
- System capacity: 2,000 people/hour
- Speed: 2.5-5 metres/second
Montjuïc Cable Car is managed by the company Projectes i Serveis de Mobilitat, which also provides mobility consultancy services. PSM forms part of the Transports Metropolitans de Barcelona (TMB) group, Barcelona’s leading public transport management company.